Join the growing Defending Rights & Dissent team. We are a 60 year old civil liberties organization. We defend the rights of protesters and dissidents, we fight surveillance, Islamophobia and racism, we stand up for whistleblowers and promote government transparency. And we need a part time, 8-10 hours per week, administrator to manage our donor database (Salesforce) and financial record keeping.
We’re a small team. You will be our Salesforce administrator and expert, and you will also process financial transactions and make sure we are documenting expenses. You will interface with our outside bookkeeping firm to ensure accuracy and timely reports.
We’re looking for individuals comfortable tackling database management tasks as well as providing critical administrative support. You should be able to work independently and effectively and be willing and able to communicate about progress toward goals and roadblocks, seeking help and direction where required. We’re particularly looking for someone who enjoys and is good at improving or designing processes and systems that can drive efficiency in a growing organization.
- Work with our outside bookkeeping firm to provide necessary records, ensure accuracy of their financial reports.
- Work with our CPA to provide records necessary for annual audit and 990.
- Process transactions (Deposit checks/pay bills)
- Maintain financial and administrative records
- Ensure all staff document expenses appropriately
- Track and facilitate state registration filings with CEO.
- Develop forms and systems for record keeping as needed
Serve as the primary system administrator for Salesforce, conducting ongoing enhancement and maintenance functions, including user account maintenance, reports, workflows, automation, new apps, page layouts, and objects.
- Ensure gifts and pledges are accurate, recorded and processed to reflect the donor’s intentions and aligns with appropriate categorizations for appeals and funds.
- Ensure pledge reminder process and recurring gift renewals are completed
- Create dashboards and reports on key performance metrics/indicators to evaluate performance and inform strategy.
- Generate reports and assist with prospect pipeline to support fundraising efforts. Create donor profiles.
- Generate queries/report/exports for donor mailings, recognition and appeal/campaign analysis.
- Update additional information in Salesforce (merging donor accounts, updating contact information, uploading emails), and perform cleanup of prior records, as required.
- Create, maintain and update DRAD’s Salesforce SOP manual
- Conduct in-house training for staff and board as needed on how to properly use the system
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage all Salesforce apps and software integrations, including Salsa Engage, DRAD’s online gift processor
Other relevant tasks as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience as a Salesforce admin
- 1+ years of relevant experience in fundraising, finance and/or administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Quickbooks and basic bookkeeping including fund accounting
- Salesforce Certification(s), or in the process of acquiring a plus.
- Experience with Salsa Engage or other online fundraising and advocacy software is a plus
This is a part time, 8-10 hours per week position. Your schedule will be flexible, based around the rest of your life. The starting pay is $25 to $30/hour. Our office is located near Metro Center.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Deadline is December 23, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Women, people of color, disabled and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.